Saturday, January 23, 2010

Update!

Hi everyone!
It's been a couple super busy weeks, but I figured I take a second and update everyone on everything that's been going on!

First of all, this quarter has been really busy so far. Besides classes and homework, I've been rehearsing constantly for The WIZ at UCI. We opened last night, and it went SO well! People really seemed to love the show, and everything on our end came together beautifully. It really hit me during my last song, that this show couldn't have happened without each and every person involved...the costumes, the sets, the music, the cast...everything! It's been a true blessing to be a part of this show and work with all of these beautiful artists. There will be more pictures, but here are a few!

Sitting in tech with Frannie...I think our faces say a thousand words...
wiz tech

A scarecrow and a munchkin (Kev and Hannah) :)
kev and hannah

Glinda, the glittery-est of witches
glinda smile

glinda

Addapearle and some badass munchkins
munchies

(photo credits: Niko Montelibano! The numbers are from his "Project365," where he takes a meaningful picture to represent every day for a whole year. Cool, huh?)


Once I get my new hard drive, all of my wonderful backstage candids will be up as well. Be excited.

Along with getting ready for/opening The WIZ, I've been getting ready for our BFA showcase in NY! One of the things on my "to-do" list this quarter was getting new headshots, so Annie and I went to Kevin McIntyre, and had a FABULOUS time with him! I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who needs new headshots...he was a blast to shoot with, and his house/studio is incredible!! Here are the top 3 from my shoot...please feel free to comment and let me know which one you like most!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
sassyface

Fire & Ice, Ebony & Ivory, Salt & Peppa...take your pick :)
stefannie

If you want more info on Kevin, here's his website! http://www.kevinmcphotograph.com/

Moving on...I have some more really exciting news! We had auditions for the Spring mainstage show at UCI, and I'm happy to announce that...
I've been cast as Mae in Lippa's The Wild Party!

I have a feeling this is gonna be a really amazing show. Rehearsals don't start until April (so far away!) and we open late May, but I'm looking forward to it! I've wanted to do this show for a long time, and Mae will be such a fun role! I haven't been a part of a UCI show yet, either, so it will be quite an experience. After learning Seussical in 8 days, I feel like a month and a half rehearsal period will feel like an eternity!! A lot of my best friends here at UCI are in the show as well, and I can't imagine a better group of people to be spending my last few months at UCI with. I will be sure to keep you all up to date as we get closer!

That's all for now! As always...

peace.love.happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment