Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 6

So yesterday I went to the Disney auditions for Finding Nemo: the musical, at Disneyworld in Florida. I love auditioning for Disney...they're always super nice. The audition went really well, so if it's meant to be right now, it's meant to be...but I'm not stressing over it. More importantly, I had one of the CRAZIEST audition experiences EVER...which made the entire audition worth it, regardless of whether I book the show.

So some of you know, I sing this song called "I'm Not" ALL THE TIME. I've used it for a few years now, and it's been very good to me :). It's sort of my "go-to" song for anything fun, spunky, stefanie-like...lol. So of course, I planned on singing it for Nemo. At the start of the audition, the monitor told us who the accompanist in the room was, and I knew I recognized his name but couldn't place it...I figured he had accompanied me in some audition in the past, so I didn't think much of it. So I go into the audition room and give him my book, and show him my music, and he sort of smiles and nods and we're good to go. So I go to the center of the room, sing to the casting director, chat with them a bit, and then head back to the piano to get my book. When I get to the piano, this accompanist smiles and says "that was so great. Really really great. I loved it. Thank you so much...I wrote that song."

I sang MY audition song for THE GUY WHO WROTE IT. And he shook my hand and thanked me.

Welcome to New York.


love, love, love!

No comments:

Post a Comment